Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Merry Christmas


This card is for Sean’s challenge at StampTV, I’m dreaming of a CAS Christmas, STV13MODDYCHRISTMAS3

This challenge just clicked for me and I think for the first time in my card making history, I really enjoyed CAS and I think the card is actually pretty, imagine that.  For this card I used the gorgeous stem from Theresa Momber’s Elegant Florals stamp set.  I stamped it using Memento Olive Grove, but it didn’t stamp as cleanly as I had hoped so got out the trusty Copic markers and using YG03 Yellow Green colored over the leaves and also the berries using R59 Cardinal.  I had pretty red Swarovski crystals and glued them right over the berries for a fun sparkle.  The sentiment is from Nina Brackett’s Fanciful Tags set.  I think after all the fussy Christmas cards I made, it was refreshing to do something that is pretty but with a clean feel.  Thank you Sean!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite stamp sets. You made an incredible CAS card, Barbara. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!! another amazing CAS card. Love how you rounded opposite corners. You rock girlfriend

    ReplyDelete