Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Season everything with Joy

One more card for the Flourishes December release challenge “Flip It”.  I chose to use sketch FLLCDEC13B.  Lots of fun but really had to concentrate and THINK before cutting, nearly strained my brain on this one, as a matter of fact I did strain my brain.  This would have called for a glass of wine if it hadn’t been so early in the day!  Onto the details…I used my newest stamp set from Flourishes called Italian Garden, so many lovely images on this set, but I chose the potted Rosemary and the “season everything with joy” sentiment.  Colored the Rosemary and pot with Copic markers and shaded the focal and sentiment with Memento Toffee Crunch.  Added some small black brads and that was it.

8 comments:

  1. Uhm do I have to point out that it IS 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE?!?! C'mon! LOL Fabulous card, love that plaid and everything else that follows. Great coloring, especially on the terra cotta pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Barbara. The colors with the plaid paper and brads couldn't be better. AND, it's never to early for wine, like Donna said....it's 5:00 somewhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not want you to strain your brain, but it looks like you did well without the wine. Love your use of the plaid and the focal image. Great coloring on it too. I like to see what you can do with a glass of wine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a classy set :) Love to see the herbs done up this way! Great job with the sketch too Barbara! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Barbara! I am in love with that plaid paper. Fabulou use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with our "Flip It Sketch Challenge" over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that plaid dp too and that potted rosemary is perfect with it! Awesome job on the coloring too! Good luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your design and your image is beautifully colored!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your design of off center background. a neat stamp. good coloring too.

    ReplyDelete