Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I was able to get a Mother's Day card made for my precious 87 year old Mother before packing the craft room to take to storage.  So bye bye craft room for awhile.

For this card I used the new digi image from Power Poppy called Gerbera Daisy (isn't it pretty) and illustrated by the talented Marcella Hawley.  I tried a new technique (to me anyway) of adding color to the image using MS Word.  How fun and love the look, a nice change of pace.  The sentiment is lovely too and is from Pink Petticoat and called Lovely Mum sentiments.  I was able to change the color of the greeting to match the flower color.  Colored the image lightly with Copics and then added stickles to the blossoms for some sparkle and it was done.  I am having an issue with Stickles...it seems to wrinkle the paper/cardstock and it's very hard to get it flattened.  Even with using my heat tool lightly on the reverse side.  I used "tons" of pop dots so that it would lay somewhat flat on the card front, with some success. 

 

 
 


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Sorry about your craft room, but just think how much fun it will be to put it all back in a nice new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barbara. For the first time in 13 years I was with my kids and got to see my 91 year old mom (even though she didn't know it) for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPPS; I meant to add that I can't wait to see new creations from your new craft room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow Barbara!!! Gorgeous card, and I love all the sparkle of the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I stopped by to see if you had posted anything. I sure am missing your wonderful cards. Hope you will post one soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I bought that digi too and after much frustration was finally able to get it printed. Didn't think about changing the color....what a great idea! Hope the move is going well.

    ReplyDelete