Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Birthday Wishes


This card highlights the pretty lemon cluster image from Flourishes called Life Love Lemons (not sure this is still available) and was illustrated by Marcella Hawley and one of my favorite birthday sentiments from Theresa Momber’s stamp set at GinaK Designs, StampTV, called Elegant Florals.  I stamped the image using Memento’s Gray Flannel ink and colored it with Copic markers.  The background paper was made using a background stamp from JustRite stamps called Dotted Fronds, which as it happens is just one of many stamps that I won from a blog hop in January from the very talented Sharon Harnist.  I used a stamp pad from VersaMagic chalk inks called Key Lime to ink up that pretty background stamp.  Cut the focal image out using two sizes of oval dies from Die-namics called Pierced Oval Stax, love the pierced look.  I inked all around the oval on the image piece using the same ink that I used for the background stamp.  Used dimensionals to pop the images and a little ribbon from my stash to complete.  I had a pearl in the center of the flower, but as luck would or wouldn't have it is not in the picture.  Found it a little later attached to my finger, it was so tiny I didn't notice!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card, it's so lemony it makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that background is awesome! Your card is beautiful...Gerry's right, it makes your mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this car your coloring is fantastic! So happy to hear about your house and selling it so quickly....yikes! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that funny about the pearl? I lose things in my stamp room while making a card... have to tidy up to find them. This is a great set with pretty images, lovely to color. Your designer paper and ribbon are perfect with the image.

    ReplyDelete