Sunday, January 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Lori

I have been a very busy little bee of late, busy sorting, cleaning and generally readying the house for sale this spring and making some good progress.  Just finished cleaning and sorting the pantry...lets just say I found a couple of expired items back in the deep recesses, tucked away and out of site...but I got them!

I decided to reward my hard work and get a birthday card off to a dear friend.  Thought she would like this style and the sentiment.

The image is a digi from TLC and is called Sunday Afternoon Fashion.  Love this one.  Added just a little color in her favorite shade.  The sentiment is also from TLC, I love this one and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it.  The card didn't need much embellishment.  I colored the pearls with the same Copic marker that I used for her hat and umbrella.  I traced around her dress, hat and umbrella with a Sakura glitter pen and that was it.  I hope you like it.  And, now off to watch a little football with Dave and plan the next project for tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. What a fancy card, my friend! My heart goes out to you preparing to move. I just found out I might have to move, too. YUK. Hate all that hard work! Take one day at a time and don't overdo it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite as usual Barbara! That image is just beautiful, and I love just the hint of color. Understated elegance. Oh, and just so you know - every time I see your blog title my mouth waters...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy and so elegant....somehow I think your friend is fancy and elegant too. I love how you added just a little color. We just sold our house in MN so we'll be going up there to "clean" it out. Whatever our kids don't want is going to be sold or junked. If I don't get some energy back, poor Hubby will really have a lot to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All work and no play makes Barbara a dull gal! :) Love your vintage card, and I love your friend's name, that's my daughter's name! It's quite a stunning card. Remember to play a little bit now and again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely vintage card Barbara. It's just beautiful. Lori is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete